About Claudia McGrath Counseling
The things I have always been most passionate about include my counseling practice, family, children, and now grandchildren. These things have been a constant and grounding influence in my life. I enjoy walking outdoors, hiking, biking and more recently Pickleball. I am passionate about learning and practicing new skills. I try to practice in my personal life the things that will give me the strength and energy to be useful to my clients and others. I do this imperfectly and with enthusiasm.
The Pandemic of 2020 caused me to close my office practice in Fargo and opened the door to providing telehealth sessions, which I now do for North Dakota clients remotely after relocating to Asheville, North Carolina in August 2020. Telehealth has allowed me to continue to see North Dakota clients and to expand my practice across the state to include rural areas that may not have as many options for services. I have adapted to working in this new way and find that it works very well.
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor 1991 (ND) (active)
- National Certified Counselor 1994 (active)
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor 2020 (NC) (active)
- Licensed Professional Counselor Minnesota 2004 (inactive)
- Licensed North Dakota Addiction Counselor 1992 (inactive)
- 12 month addiction training including inpatient, outpatient , family and group therapy
- 4 years of quarterly supervision and training with Harry Aponte, LICSW, Northern Plains Family Group
- Certified trainer for Adolescent 7 Challenges Program
- Certified Grief Recovery Training Professional (July 2007)
- Core coursework completed in International Critical Incident Stress Management (ICISF) (2009)
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy training Level One 2012